Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sending happy thoughts!

I bet you thought I'd forgotten about this blog, huh? The truth is that I haven't, I've just been busy with a lot of stuff, and had hardly any time for stamping. I dusted off the ink pads today though, and have two treats for you. I started with SU!'s Simply Sent kit, Sending Happy Thoughts:



The materials are easy to list in this one, because it's just that kit! ;-) In case you're curious about the specifics, we've got Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive card stock and ink, plus a little Very Vanilla card stock. There's a little Dazzling Diamonds glitter in the middle of the flower, and the brad is a pewter one, which is also available in the Vintage brads set, or as part of a Hodgepodge Hardware. The ribbon is also available in the Jersey Ribbon Originals.

But if you know me, you'll know that those aren't really my favorite colors. So what happens if we pull out some other cardstock and inks?




Ah, much better! I'm not sure I've ever made a card with this color combination, but I gotta say, turquoise has really caught my eye a lot lately, and I love it with purple! So, Lovely Lilac and Tempting Turquoise card stock and inks, and of course Whisper White works a little better than vanilla here. Tie a little Tempting Turquoise 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, and that's a card I'd probably make a BIG pile of, just to have on hand.

I'm pretty confident that the Simply Sent kits will all get switched out when the next catalog comes out in a couple of months, so if you love this idea, be sure to order one now!

I'd also say that I'll post more frequently, but whenever I do, it seems to have the opposite effect. So...see you in a few months? ;-)

1 comment:

Britta, Webmistress of the Dark said...

ooh...pretty! Turquoise & purple will always get my attention! ;)