Friday, July 27, 2007

All About U - orchid

The scoop with this card is that I almost never used my Orchid Opulence ink pad. Why? Because the color was off. Way off. Almost neon off.

This sort of shows it:




Look really closely at the "U" image. I actually stamped that in Orchid Opulence, which is also the color of the base of the card. They don't look anything alike, do they? Admittedly, there's not much of the original image left, as I've used Crystal Effects all over that U, which changed the color a bit, but look around the edges. You'll see what I mean. It should match the "love" that's in the tag (I used a marker for that stamp), but it's pretty easy to tell that they're not even close.

At any rate, I got a reinker, and inked the heck out of that pad, and now it's much closer to the card stock and I'm a happier stamper. I will definitely be using this ink color more often now.

Stamps: All About U
Ink: Orchid Opulence
Paper: Orchid Opulence, Pixie Pink, Whisper White
Accessories: Metal Edge Tags (gold) - sadly discontinued now.

No comments: