Thursday, May 11, 2006

Cool Cat



Another color challenge (CC61). This time, the colors were Certainly Celery, Cameo Coral, and Basic Black. We were also allowed to use Apricot Appeal if it was necessary. Lucky for me though, it really wasn't. I saw the colors, went into my room and pulled out those colors of card stock, and as soon as they were in front of my face, I thought "ooh - retro!" This finally got me to mount my Cool Cat set (I've had it for more than a year and never mounted it.). Once I'd stamped the cat onto he Whisper White CS and mounted the image on a layer, I thought that the card needed a little somethin'-somethin'. When I started to lay out the card, I felt like it needed more than just the kitty, so I went hunting for scraps with the intention of using something from there to give the card a little more depth, and eventually found this package of Magic Mesh, and woo hoo! The Earths package has a coral piece in there - perfect!

When I mounted the cat to the front, I first did it right in the middle. But I'd already stamped the greeting on the bottom right corner, and the cat in the middle kind of covered that up. Moving the cat off to the side worked out pretty well too, and I'm glad I did it, because I think it kind of balances out the card.

Stamps: Cool Cat
Ink: Certainly Celery, Basic Black, Cameo Coral
Paper: Certainly Celery, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Magic Mesh (Earths), Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comment:

Nicole Seitler said...

Post more, post more! :)

I'm going to add you to the side bar of my blog...so you better keep updating. ;)