Monday, September 03, 2007

using other ideas

This card is a demonstration of how you can get an idea for a card from a scrapbook page (or the other way around, of course).

First, open up your Fall & Winter 2007 Collection to page 125. If you don't have one, call me first and I'll get one to you, and then go to my web site and click the link for "Online Catalog" and use that for now. See the scrapbook page, with the adorable baby? Now, look at this card:




You should be able to see the similarities there - I lifted the colors and layout almost directly from the scrapbook page, but I used what I had on hand to make my own creation. I've still got the Old Olive base, but instead of the background paper on the left, I used Sahara Sand stamped with Very Vanilla craft ink to make my own background. The brown strip is the same deal - rather than the Close to Cocoa designer series paper, I used a 1" strip of Cocoa card stock and stamped polka dots in Vanilla, then the flower motif in Chocolate Chip classic ink. Rather than the photo as the main piece in the middle, I took the square stamp from the Baroque Motifs set and stamped that in Close to Cocoa on Sahara Sand card stock (this mimics the sepia toned photo), and layered it on Always Artichoke card stock. The small elements framing the center piece are simply that same square, stamped in Artichoke ink onto Old Olive card stock, and trimmed down with our fantastic Paper Snips.


Supplies:

Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Always Artichoke classic pads; Very Vanilla craft pad
Paper: Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla Always Artichoke card stock
Accessories: Stampin' Dimensionals

3 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

You know, that is so cute. I immediately saw it as a candy wrapper. I love this set!

Redheadskydiver said...

Hey, what's up? Waiting to see more neat inspiration!

Emy said...

Hrm...apparently it HAS been a while. Let me see what I can do here....