Thursday, August 16, 2007

Cherish

New card with Baroque Motifs:



Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Purely Pomegranate, Versamark
Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Elegant Eggplant, So Saffron
Accessories: Tag Punch, Paper Snips, Gold embossing powder, Elegant Eggplant and More Mustard ribbon, Double Circle punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

Now this is a card that I really love! When I saw the new Purely Pomegranate color for this year, I fell head over heels with it and I want to use it all of the time.

It's hard to tell in the photo, but for the motif on the tag, I stamped in pomegranate on saffron cardstock, and trimmed that out around the dots. Then I stamped the motif again in eggplant on eggplant and trimmed that out closer to the main part of the image. This way, you get a border around it in a totally different corner. I love the look of torn paper, and it's fun to use it as if you're revealing a little secret on the layer beneath, like the "cherish" that's on the lower right corner. And of course, ribbon is one of my favorite accessories to just add a little extra something to almost any card.

Colors from Stampin' Up!'s Rich Regal color family are a natural for a vintage set like this, and the eggplant and pomegranate might be my favorite color combination. At least for this week, until I see something different.

Next up will be an example of how to adapt an idea from a scrapbook page into a card. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Redheadskydiver said...

I like it too!

Unknown said...

Hey Emy!! Love this card. The eggplant on eggplant makes it look like velvet! What a great idea. Great colors. Great job. Thanks for sharing! Lorraine